Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by "Weiss, Christian" <Ch...@sva.de> on 2022/08/22 08:32:52 UTC

AvroRuntimeExceptions after upgrading to 1.17.0

Hi guys,

we upgraded our NiFi dev/test instance around two weeks ago from 1.16.3 to 1.17.0.
We tested around with our existing flows and also developed some new flows in 1.17.0 - no problems so far.

At the end of last week we upgraded our production instance an ran into some problems with the combination of ExecuteSQL -> ConvertAvroToJSON processors in our existing flows. The ExecuteSQL processors in those flows are configured using „Compression Format: SNAPPY“. All following ConvertAvroToJSON processors of our old flows (developed with 1.16.3) raising: "AvroRuntimeException: Unrecognized codec: snappy“. All flows which were created using 1.17.0 doesn´t have such problems.

If we turn off compression in ExecuteSQL, everything works fine.

Anyone with an idea what´s going on here?

Thanks,
Christian

Das SVA Mail-System ist mit einem Mailverschlüsselungs-Gateway ausgestattet. Wenn Sie moechten, dass an Sie gerichtete E-Mails verschluesselt werden, senden Sie einfach eine S/MIME-signierte E-Mail oder Ihren PGP Public Key an christian.weiss@sva.de.

The SVA mail system is equipped with an email encryption gateway. If you want email sent to you to be encrypted please send a S/MIME signed email or your PGP public key to christian.weiss@sva.de.

Re: AvroRuntimeExceptions after upgrading to 1.17.0

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
> ConvertAvroToJSON

Try replacing that with ConvertRecord using an Avro reader and a JSON
writer that inherits the Avro reader's schema.