Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/03 21:08:07 UTC

"Lucene" connector questions

I'm curious why the LuceneConnector doesn't use the SolrJ API?
Instead, there's a custom HttpPoster class that does a lot of work
that SolrJ already handles internally.

Also, this probably should be called a SolrConnector instead, eh?
Since it's writing to Solr, not to Lucene directly.

Thanks,
	Erik

Re: "Lucene" connector questions

Posted by Karl Wright <kw...@metacarta.com>.
Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> A bigger question is, should LCF be responsible for this stuff or should Solr, etc. be responsible for it?  For instance, perhaps all Solr needs is to implement a DataImportHandler processor?

Doesn't Solr also handle document conversions, pipeline, etc.?
Karl

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Karl Wright <kw...@metacarta.com>.