Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Luciano <l....@almavivaitalia.it> on 2007/02/07 21:48:01 UTC

JCA adapter and Spring 2 application conflict in JBoss

If I try to deploy the ActiveMQ JCA resource adapter
(activemq-rar-4.1.0-incubator.rar) side by side with a Spring 2 war in JBoss
4.0.3 , I get the following error on server startup:

ERROR
[org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization
failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
Unexpected exception parsing XML document from ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Class
[org.apache.xbean.spring.context.v2.XBeanNamespaceHandler] does not
implement the NamespaceHandler interface
Caused by:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Class
[org.apache.xbean.spring.context.v2.XBeanNamespaceHandler] does not
implement the NamespaceHandler interface
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver.initHandle\
rMappings(DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver.java:119)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver.<init>(Def\
aultNamespaceHandlerResolver.java:96)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver.<init>(Def\
aultNamespaceHandlerResolver.java:82)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.createDefaultNames\
paceHandlerResolver(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:526)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.createReaderContex\
t(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:515)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefini\
tions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:495)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefiniti\
ons(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:390)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinition\
s(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:340)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinition\
s(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:317)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanD\
efinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:125)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanD\
efinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:141)
at
org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinit\
ions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:123)
at
org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinit\
ions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:91)
at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refres\
hBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:94)
at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractA\
pplicationContext.java:292)
at
org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext\
.refresh(AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.java:156)
at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(Contex\
tLoader.java:246)
at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextL\
oader.java:184)
at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(Context\
LoaderListener.java:49)

The only workaround I found is to remove the Spring jar from the ActiveMQ
rar.
I didn't find any error similar to this searching on this mailing list, so i
suppose it could be a problem
of my configuration, but I can' find what is wrong.
Any idea?

Thanks

Luciano

Re: JCA adapter and Spring 2 application conflict in JBoss

Posted by Luciano <l....@almavivaitalia.it>.
No response till now from Jboss forum. But I made some more experiments to
help understand what happens.
As the original error came from
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver I set
the whole org.springframework.beans.factory.xml package at the log4j DEBUG
level and discovered that the problems seems related that this class when
XBeanNamespaceHandler in every Spring application when the activeMQ JCA rar
is deployed in JBoss:
2007-02-11 15:05:56,484 DEBUG
[org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver]
 Loaded mappings [{

http://www.springframework.org/schema/p=org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.SimplePropertyNamespaceHandler,

http://www.springframework.org/schema/lang=org.springframework.scripting.config.LangNamespaceHandler,

http://activemq.org/config/1.0=org.apache.xbean.spring.context.v2.XBeanNamespaceHandler,

http://www.springframework.org/schema/jee=org.springframework.ejb.config.JeeNamespaceHandler,

http://activemq.org/ra/1.0=org.apache.xbean.spring.context.v2.XBeanNamespaceHandler,

http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop=org.springframework.aop.config.AopNamespaceHandler,

http://www.springframework.org/schema/util=org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.UtilNamespaceHandler,

http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx=org.springframework.transaction.config.TxNamespaceHandler
 }]

 So DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver will try to load the
XBeanNamespaceHandler class generating the original problem. The workaround
of deleting the spring-2.0 jar that I found previously revealed not a good
solution as with DEBUG on revealed to generate this error:

2007-02-11 15:12:42,484 DEBUG
[org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver]
Ignoring handler [org.apache.xbean.spring.context.v2.XBeanNamespaceHandler]:
class not found
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.v2.XBeanNamespaceHandler
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1332)

Supposing the problem is to load correctly the XBeanNamespaceHandler I tryed
another workaround adding the xbean-spring-2.8.jar to the Spring app an
effectively all run fine and this shoul work even for an embedded broker.
The real solution would be not to have unneeded namespace mappings  visible
in the app, but I don't know how to do it.
Any further idea?

Luciano

Posted by Luciano <l....@almavivaitalia.it>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano <l....@almavivaitalia.it>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano <l....@almavivaitalia.it>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano <l....@almavivaitalia.it>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> .refresh(AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.java:156)
> at
> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(Contex\
> tLoader.java:246)
> at
> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextL\
> oader.java:184)
> at
> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(Context\
> LoaderListener.java:49)
>
> The only workaround I found is to remove the Spring jar from the ActiveMQ
> rar.
> I didn't find any error similar to this searching on this mailing list, so i
> suppose it could be a problem
> of my configuration, but I can' find what is wrong.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/