Posted to users@maven.apache.org by il...@ubs.com on 2010/11/29 15:42:55 UTC

Best practices for dependency management for multiply projects

Hi,

I have more then 100 maven projects and each of then has .jar
dependencies.
I can put dependencies directly into each application POM file or keep
them separately as a separate POMs.
In the second scenario I may be able to share the dependency POM files
between few apps, however downside will be in case I change any content
in the dependency POM that will affect other apps.

Can you please share you experience managing (and sharing) dependencies
for multiple projects.

And related question - if I have one version of dependency in the
referenced dependency file and another version in the application POM
itself. Which one take precedence?

Thanks

Ilya Mayzel

Please visit our website at
http://financialservicesinc.ubs.com/wealth/E-maildisclaimer.html
for important disclosures and information about our e-mail
policies. For your protection, please do not transmit orders
or instructions by e-mail or include account numbers, Social
Security numbers, credit card numbers, passwords, or other
personal information.

RE: Best practices for dependency management for multiply projects

Posted by "Yanko, Curtis" <cu...@uhc.com>.
I found this article to be very helpful

http://olex.openlogic.com/wazi/2010/creating-intelligent-projects-with-m
aven/

Curt Yanko | Continuous Integration Services | UnitedHealth Group IT
Making IT Happen, one build at a time, 600 times a day