Posted to announcements@jakarta.apache.org by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@apache.org> on 2004/06/08 22:15:05 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons DBCP 1.2 released

The Jakarta Commons team is pleased to announce the release of version
1.2 of the Jakarta Commons DBCP component.

Commons-DBCP provides database connection pooling services. Together
with Commons-Pool it is the default JNDI datasource provider for Tomcat.

There were some new features were added since the 1.1 release on 20
October 2003.

     * Performance optimizations for the PoolableConnectionFactory of

       BasicDataSource.
     * Add BasicDataSourceFactory.createDataSource(Properties
       properties) for creating a BasicDataSource.
     * Add initialSize parameter to do pre-loading of the connection.
     * Refactoring of the DelegatingStatement classes.
     * Make some properties dynamic (changeble at runtime), this will
       be completed in next release.
     * Improvements to the prepared statement pooling.
     * Driver specific changes/optimizations for: Oracle, Informix,
       DaffodilDB.
     * Several fixes for PerUserPoolDataSource
     * PoolingDriver uses now a PoolGuardConnectionWrapper by default.
       If access to the underlying connection is needed, you have to
       enable it:
       PoolingDriver.setAccessToUnderlyingConnectionAllowed(true)
     * This release contains bug fixes to all known issues.
       (see release notes for more info)

The latest binary release is always available on the Jakarta Binary
Downloads page, its source is available from Jakarta Source Downloads
page.

-- Dirk Verbeeck

Re: Commons DBCP and Pool 1.2

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
Noel,

An immediate release of DBCP 1.2.1 based on CVS head sounds OK.
Otherwise we'll get more of those incompatibility bug reports.

I will see what I can do this weekend.

-- Dirk

RE: Commons DBCP and Pool 1.2

Re: Commons DBCP and Pool 1.2

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
That's correct, there were no code changes between RC1 and 1.2 final.

-- Dirk

Commons DBCP and Pool 1.2

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Dirk,