Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2005/04/25 00:35:54 UTC

Reminder: Quarterly Report Due

I will be writing up the quarterly report tomorrow, and posting to the
Board.

Mentors: please post a brief status for your project.  Also, please make
sure that your STATUS files are up to date.

	--- Noel

Jackrabbit status

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
[For the board report from Incubator]

http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/jackrabbit.html

Jackrabbit is doing well as a project and is attracting interest
both within other Apache projects (Lenya and Graffito in
particular) as well as from new folks in the Java community.
We added two new committers, Jukka Zitting and Dominique Pfister,
and have received sustained contributions from Serge Huber,
Edgar Poce, Angela Schreiber, Felix Meschberger, and others.

Jackrabbit's only problem right now is continued reliance on
JCP EG private discussions due to the unfinished nature of the
JSR 170 Content Repository for Java Technology API.  JSR 170 is
expected to be submitted for final draft status in early May,
after which all of the discussion can be moved to Apache lists.
We anticipate graduating from Incubator sometime soon after that.

Cheers,

Roy T. Fielding                            <http://roy.gbiv.com/>
Chief Scientist, Day Software              <http://www.day.com/>

Jackrabbit status

Nutch (Quick) Status Report

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@nutch.org>.
Nutch is nearly ready to attempt graduation.  Recently we ported our
wiki from Sourceforge, so now the project is entirely hosted at Apache.
  All committers are active.  We disabled several components when we
moved to Apache, due to license compatibility problems, but nearly all
of these have now been resolved.  The Nutch Organization filed a
Software Grant with the Apache Software Foundation, formally giving all
Nutch software to Apache.

Doug

Fwd: Reminder: Quarterly Report Due

Posted by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>.
FYI -- someone want to write up Beehive's input for the quarterly report?

Cliff