Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by ddduuu <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/03 05:18:14 UTC

How to get siders with wicket

Hi, all,
I know we can use wicket to do page layout for header, content and footer,
now I want to add left sider and right sider, so I can put some menu links
on each sider, does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks, I am a wicket newbie, just trying to learn it.

ddd

Re: How to get siders with wicket

Posted by Maurice Marrink <ma...@gmail.com>.
There are actually several ways to do it. Pro's and con's for all of
them. But here is a very simple one.
Create a base Page with 2 abstract methods returning a Panel.
something like getLeftSideBar and getRightSideBar with html to match.
Then have all your pages extend this page and implement those 2 methods.

Maurice