Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Suraj Puvvada <su...@traceable.ai> on 2020/07/30 18:48:31 UTC

Does Flink automatically apply any backpressure ?

Hello

I am trying to understand if Flink has a mechanism to automatically apply
any backpressure by throttling any operators ? For example if I have a
Process function that reads from a Kafkaa source and writes to a Kafka
sink. If the process function is slow will the kafka source be
automatically throttled ?

Thanks
Suraj

Re: Does Flink automatically apply any backpressure ?

Posted by Danny Chan <yu...@gmail.com>.
Yes, just like Jake said, the back pressure happened automatically and usually there is no need to tweak it, you actually can have configure the metrics about it, see [1]

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/monitoring/back_pressure.html

Best,
Danny Chan
在 2020年7月31日 +0800 AM10:28,Jake <ft...@qq.com>,写道: