Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by George Genovezos <Ge...@Copart.Com> on 2016/02/01 20:52:51 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: throttling IP addresses

Hi,

I’m hoping someone can help with a problem I’m having. I need a basic Ddos  mitigation tool. Basically, either throttling back certain IP addresses or blocking access after too many connections per second.

I know mod_evasive did this but the project, to my knowledge is deprecated.

So to draw this out, I want a web server to count the number of connection per seconds, and if an IP breaches this limit to either throttle or block the connection. Then I want to use mod_proxy to reverse proxy that clean connection to my web servers.

George Genovezos
Application Security Architect
CISSP, ISSAP, CIFI

Copart
I--

Re: [users@httpd] Re: throttling IP addresses

Posted by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi George,

I would also check mod_qos for your use case!

Luca

Posted by George Genovezos <Ge...@Copart.Com>.
Richard,

Posted by Richard <li...@listmail.innovate.net>.