Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Varun Sharma <va...@pinterest.com> on 2012/11/19 23:00:14 UTC

Question about Master Master replication

Hi hbasers,

I have 2 hbase clusters with Master Master replication enabled. Both of
them are running hbase 0.94.0 - Each of them has their own dedicated
Zookeeper ensemble of 3 peers. I had a question about adding multiple zk
peers. How do I do that. Do I simply separate them with a comma ?

add_peer '1', 'zk1:2181:/hbase,zk2:2181:/hbase,zk3:2181:/hbase'

Thanks
Varun

Re: Question about Master Master replication

Posted by Suraj Varma <sv...@gmail.com>.
No - I did not try it on a real cluster with master-master
replication. I did try it with the unit test and the documented
configuration worked without any parse errors. Also the source code
here http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hbase/tags/0.94.0/src/main/ruby/shell/commands/add_peer.rb
also indicates that the clusterKey syntax is as documented.

I had noticed that your original post's add_peer command had an
incorrect syntax like below:
>> > add_peer '1', 'zk1:2181:/hbase,zk2:2181:/hbase,zk3:2181:/hbase'

It should be (per the doc):
add_peer '1', 'zk1,zk2,zk3:2181:/hbase'

Did this modified add_peer command also fail to work? If so, perhaps
you may want to provide more details (log messages, enable debug trace
in shell, etc) so that someone can help.
--Suraj

Posted by Varun Sharma <va...@pinterest.com>.

Posted by Suraj Varma <sv...@gmail.com>.