Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by abhishek agrawal <ab...@lycos.com> on 2001/04/24 17:50:12 UTC

mod_perl help

Hi,

      I have been trying to run perl scripts on apache using mod_perl. I initially had perl5.6.0 which came with the Redhat. I then configured my apache and got simple per scripts running. Then i realised that most of the perl scripts which will eventually run on my machine are wirtten in Activeperl, i installed activeperl ( for linux).

but then when i tried running perl scripts which used modules such as Date::Calc, i get errors such as
"Cant find loadabel object module "

I am sure that i have installed the modules correctly using the ppm.

Someone suggested me that the mod_perl is built using different perl (perl5) and the perl which is running on my machine is different (Active perl). Hence it is causing problem. So i removed the perl5 completely from my machine and tried building mod_perl again. But when i tried bulding mod_perl again, i gave me and error saying that "it need perl5.6.0"

Does Active perl does not work properly with mod_perl? If yes, can you tell me where exactly am i making mistake.

I have been stuck with this problem for more than 2 weeks now, and any help will be greatly appreciated.

yours truely,
Abhishek

_____________________________________
The reward for working hard is more hard work.

MESG �(`P_BE
On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:34:49
 Stas Bekman wrote:
>> At least two people responded to my last message telling me that they
>> didn't like Slash much; it was a horrible piece of code.  Are you
>> refering to it as a general piece of Perl code, or how it deals with
>> mod_perl?  If the latter, where I can find some good code to look it?
>
>Once you do something not very cleanly people will remember for a long
>time. I didn't check the latest versions of it, I suppose it's much much
>better now. It's rewritten by different people too.
>
>> Also, Apache can't recognize the <Perl> directive; it gives me the
>> following error:
>>
>> Invalid command '<Perl>', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
>> included in the server configuration
>
>Please read the documentation before posting. e.g. see:
>http://perl.apache.org/guide/config.html#Enabling
>
>> mod_perl.c seems to be installed.  'httpd -l' shows it listed at the
>> bottom.  I've added the directive 'AddModule mod_perl.c' to httpd.conf,
>> and it doesn't throw an error, so I know /something/ is being loaded,
>> but the <Perl> directive still doesn't work.
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>
>see above

>Stas Bekman              JAm_pH     --   Just Another mod_perl Hacker
>http://stason.org/       mod_perl Guide  http://perl.apache.org/guide
>mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/
>http://singlesheaven.com http://perl.apache.org http://perlmonth.com/

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!