Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by zhong yanghong <nj...@126.com> on 2016/07/07 15:10:13 UTC

About Using Different Cube Build Engines for A Cube

Hi Team,

For cube building, current rule for selecting a cube build engine may not be perfect for users. Users may want to choose one engine to build cube. There is one question related to this. Can we support the designation of build engine at job level? In other words, if we build different segments belonging to a cube by different engines, will it bring some issue, especially when users need to merge those segments?

If there's no issue, should we provide a restful API for users to do cube building with the designation of build engine?

Best regards,

Yanghong Zhong

Email: yangzhong@ebay.com

Mobile: +86 13706747741

Re: About Using Different Cube Build Engines for A Cube

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
Need to revise my last answer -- by design there's no guarantee that two
cube engines are compatible. They are compatible in terms of the cube
output, but there is more like intermediate data that may be required for
later merge or refresh. Mixing engines in one cube is not recommended.

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.