Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Amruta Borkar <am...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/20 16:58:51 UTC

Add host using REST API

Hello,

I am trying to add and then delete a host using REST API in Ambari . During
add host, new host related entries are added to topology related tables,
those are not deleted after calling the DELETE API to delete the same host.
Is this the expected behavior ? Can someone explain why entries are not
deleted from database?

Thank you,
Amruta

Re: Add host using REST API

Posted by Alejandro Fernandez <af...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Amruta,

If the agent is still heartbeating, it will reinsert itself into the hosts
and hoststate tables.
Deleting a host does remove it from those, plus a handful of other tables
like clusterhostmapping.

Thanks,
Alejandro