Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2005/06/04 10:11:33 UTC

Jira for Forrest

We, the Forrest team, believe that we have now updated all our
documentation to point at the new issues tracker at apache.org Could we
ask that you place a redirect in your .htaccess to point visitors to the
cocoondev.org issue tracker to the new apache.org tracker at:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR

May I also take this opportunity to thank Outerthought and Cocoondev.org
on behalf of the Apache Forrest project for hosting our issue tracker
for so long.

Ross

Re: Jira for Forrest

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 12:32 +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> > May I also take this opportunity to thank Outerthought and Cocoondev.org
> > on behalf of the Apache Forrest project for hosting our issue tracker
> > for so long.
>
> Yes, a warmhearted thanks to Steven, Jeff, and all involved. It has
> really been of help.

+1

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: Jira for Forrest

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> May I also take this opportunity to thank Outerthought and Cocoondev.org
> on behalf of the Apache Forrest project for hosting our issue tracker
> for so long.

Yes, a warmhearted thanks to Steven, Jeff, and all involved. It has
really been of help.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Jira for Forrest

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Steven Noels wrote:
> >Ross Gardler wrote:
> >
> >>We, the Forrest team, believe that we have now updated all our
> >>documentation to point at the new issues tracker at apache.org Could
> >>we ask that you place a redirect in your .htaccess to point visitors
> >>to the cocoondev.org issue tracker to the new apache.org tracker at:
> >>
> >>http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR
> >
> >The main issue I have with this is that there's other projects still
> >hosted @ cocoondev.org, so I can't redirect all issues.cocoondev.org
> >traffic to issues.a.o
> >
> >If you can come up with some sensible mod_rewrite settings, I'll be
> >happy to add them. And I can check to make the old project read-only as
> >well.
>
> Fair enough. I have no idea how to do this so I'll have to hope another
> Forrest dev does know, we'll get back to you.

Please add something simple so that all the Forrest "browse" links
in the mail archives will still work. The remainder of the Jira URLs
for Forrest will have to be broken.

RedirectMatch (.*)browse/FOR-([0-9]+)(.*)$ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-$2

> In the meantime is it possible to simply "close down" the FOR project on
> your version of the issue tracker. That will at least cause people to
> ask us where it has gone.

Our new Jira seems to be fine at apache.org now. So can you please remove
the old one completely.

--David

Re: Jira for Forrest

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Steven Noels wrote:
> On 04 Jun 2005, at 10:11, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> We, the Forrest team, believe that we have now updated all our
>> documentation to point at the new issues tracker at apache.org Could
>> we ask that you place a redirect in your .htaccess to point visitors
>> to the cocoondev.org issue tracker to the new apache.org tracker at:
>>
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR
>

> The main issue I have with this is that there's other projects still
> hosted @ cocoondev.org, so I can't redirect all issues.cocoondev.org
> traffic to issues.a.o
>
> If you can come up with some sensible mod_rewrite settings, I'll be
> happy to add them. And I can check to make the old project read-only as
> well.

Fair enough. I have no idea how to do this so I'll have to hope another
Forrest dev does know, we'll get back to you.

In the meantime is it possible to simply "close down" the FOR project on
your version of the issue tracker. That will at least cause people to
ask us where it has gone.

Thanks again,

Ross

Re: Jira for Forrest

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 04 Jun 2005, at 10:11, Ross Gardler wrote:

> We, the Forrest team, believe that we have now updated all our
> documentation to point at the new issues tracker at apache.org Could
> we ask that you place a redirect in your .htaccess to point visitors
> to the cocoondev.org issue tracker to the new apache.org tracker at:
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR

The main issue I have with this is that there's other projects still
hosted @ cocoondev.org, so I can't redirect all issues.cocoondev.org
traffic to issues.a.o

If you can come up with some sensible mod_rewrite settings, I'll be
happy to add them. And I can check to make the old project read-only as
well.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org