Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ca...@qualidade.info on 2011/07/04 18:49:59 UTC

A beginner problem

I use nutch, as a search engine.  Until now nutch did the crawl and the
search functions.  The newest version, however, delegated the search to
solr. I don't know almost nothing about programming, but i'm able to
follow a receipe.  So I went to the the solr site, downloaded solr and
tried to follow the tutorial.  In the  "example" folder of solr, using
"java -jar start.jar " I got:

2011-07-04 13:22:38.439:INFO::Logging to STDERR via org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
2011-07-04 13:22:38.893:INFO::jetty-6.1-SNAPSHOT
2011-07-04 13:22:38.946:INFO::Started SocketConnector@0.0.0.0:8983

When I tried  to go to http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/  I got:

HTTP ERROR: 404
Problem accessing /solr/admin/. Reason:
NOT_FOUND

Can someone help me with this?

Tanks

Re: A beginner problem

Posted by Way Cool <wa...@gmail.com>.
You can follow the links below to setup Nutch and Solr:
http://thetechietutorials.blogspot.com/2011/06/solr-and-nutch-integration.html

http://thetechietutorials.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-build-and-start-apache-solr.html
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/RunningNutchAndSolr

Of course, more details will be helpful for troubleshooting your env issue.
:-)

Have fun!

Re: A beginner problem

Re: A beginner problem

Posted by "nilay.tiw@gmail.com" <ni...@gmail.com>.
ya i agree with Filype Pereira Please put your problem in details .  And
check all thing  what he says . Please also check in  8080 port

-----
Regards
Nilay Tiwari

Re: A beginner problem

Posted by Filype Pereira <pe...@gmail.com>.
It's hard to find what is happening without more details about your setup.

I would start by asking the questions:

- Do you have a firewall installed?
- What opperating system do you run solr on?
- Can you ping the hostname "localhost"?

Filype

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 4:49 AM, <ca...@qualidade.info> wrote:

> I use nutch, as a search engine.  Until now nutch did the crawl and the
> search functions.  The newest version, however, delegated the search to
> solr. I don't know almost nothing about programming, but i'm able to
> follow a receipe.  So I went to the the solr site, downloaded solr and
> tried to follow the tutorial.  In the  "example" folder of solr, using
> "java -jar start.jar " I got:
>
> 2011-07-04 13:22:38.439:INFO::Logging to STDERR via
> org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
> 2011-07-04 13:22:38.893:INFO::jetty-6.1-SNAPSHOT
> 2011-07-04 13:22:38.946:INFO::Started SocketConnector@0.0.0.0:8983
>
> When I tried  to go to http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/  I got:
>
> HTTP ERROR: 404
> Problem accessing /solr/admin/. Reason:
> NOT_FOUND
>
> Can someone help me with this?
>
> Tanks

Re: A beginner problem

Posted by ca...@qualidade.info.
Thank you for your answer. I downloaded solr from the link you sugested
and now it is ok, I can see the administration page.  But it is strange
that a download from the solr site does not work. Tanks also to Way Cool.