Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Erik Fäßler <er...@uni-jena.de> on 2011/04/13 14:00:15 UTC

Sandbox: LuCas Lucene update

  Hey all,

back in January, I had the need to have the CAS Lucene indexer (LuCas,
UIMA Sandbox component) working with Lucene 2.9.x. So I checked it out
from the Sandbox SVN, updated the libraries and fixed the compiling
bugs. The result is a LuCas component working with Lucene 2.9.3. At
least all tests are working and I used the component (together with Solr
which was why I needed Lucene 2.9.x) successfully.
The changes needed were not too big as I did not take the leap to Lucene
3.x. Some filters have been updated to the new Token API and one or two
classes required a more or less complete rewrite until the tests would
work again.

So, my question: Would it be desirable to commit these changes back to
the Sandbox SVN? Which steps would have I have to take for this? Or
should I just send my sources to a developer? The component has been
created in my lab originally, but the developer has moved to another
working place quite a while ago.

Best regards,

     Erik

Re: Sandbox: LuCas Lucene update

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hello again Erik,
from what I've seen and tested your patch looks good, if Jörn's tests behave
as expected I think we can commit it.
Regards,
Tommaso

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Erik,

Posted by Erik Fäßler <er...@uni-jena.de>.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Fäßler <er...@uni-jena.de>.
  Hello Tommaso,

thanks a lot for your reply :) I will follow the steps you gave me as
soon as there is a little time for this.

Also thanks for the SolrCas hint. I think we already talked about this.
As far as I understood, Solrcas as well as the Solr-UIMA integration
lack some of the features offered by LuCas, for example the alignment of
TokenStreams which allows you to merge multiple CAS indexes into a
single Lucene field where position_increments are adjusted to stack
Lucene tokens with the same offsets. Please (!!) tell me when I'm wrong
here, as I am still working on my own ways to use UIMA together with Solr.

Thanks again and warm regards,

     Erik

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hello Erik,