Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Roberto Salomon <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/08 21:23:08 UTC

[Translate] Users for Pootle Server

I am sorry if this has already been discussed but I lost a few messages...

With the Pootle server on-line, I plan on calling on the pt_BR community to
revise and improve the Brazilian translation for AOO.

User registration on Apache's Pootle server, however is manual so my
question is: how should we engage the community to assist in the
translation process?

--
Roberto Salomon
http://notaslivres.webhop.net

Re: [Translate] Users for Pootle Server

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 3/8/12 9:23 PM, Roberto Salomon wrote:
> I am sorry if this has already been discussed but I lost a few messages...
>
> With the Pootle server on-line, I plan on calling on the pt_BR community to
> revise and improve the Brazilian translation for AOO.
>
> User registration on Apache's Pootle server, however is manual so my
> question is: how should we engage the community to assist in the
> translation process?

wait until we give the ok. I have prepared a new set of English strings
(UI and help) and this files have to be uploaded first. I don't have
command line access so far...

But it is important that we have a definite start point with an English
version that is related to the current sources. Then we can compare
everything else to this version.

I hope it is not too annoying for our translation volunteers but I think
the start is very important. But once we have it up and running it
should be easy in the future. We want to work with the localization
community to make it as easy as possible for all of us.

Localization was and is an important piece for the success of OpenOffice
in the past and tomorrow. Let us work together to build a strong
community and make Apache OpenOffice availabel in as many languages as
possible. And that we can reach as much as possible people all over the
world.

The only problem at the moment is that we have to cover some lost of
knowledge and tooling.

Juergen