Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by pa...@wipro.com on 2014/05/05 13:11:26 UTC

Get Repository connection on Job Save.

Hi,

I am working on customizing the ManifoldCF job with Documentum Repository connection and Solr Output connection. After selecting the various job parameters(such as Document Types, Paths, Content Types etc.), when a user clicks on save, I need to establish a Documentum Repository connection, get additional info from repository and then post it to another application(invoking RestAPI). This needs to happen every time a change is made to the Job.

Now, so far I am able to figure out that mcf-pull-agents is called on save of Job and it makes connection with DCTM connector(DCTM.java) for getting data out of Documentum repository. What I cannot figure out is how can I get hold of the repository session from DCTM connector in Jobs.java or JobManager.java(of mcf-pull-agents) on save of the Job.  I would prefer for this happen on server side, as I can see that Job page JSP can fetch the data from Manifold server(using Repository connection), which I can then post back to the RestAPI. Howerver, as both the applications would be hosted on the same server, so it doesn't seem like a good coding to un-necessary fetch the data in JSP(client-side) and send back to server.  Alternatively, I can add Documentum DFC code to get the info, but that seems like overkill and bad practice, as we already have a batch file running for connecting to DCTM repository and getting the info.

It would be really helpful, if someone can explain how to make DCTM connection in mcf-pull-agent.

Thanks!

Regards,
Pankaj Pandey

www.wipro.com

RE: Get Repository connection on Job Save.

Posted by pa...@wipro.com.
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation Karl! Precisely what I have been looking for.

Thanks!

Regards,
Pankaj Pandey

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.