Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Sudarshan Kadambi (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN)" <sk...@bloomberg.net> on 2014/02/25 16:21:37 UTC

Stack overflow errors

I recently saw some exceptions that I haven't seen in HBase before. The trace looks something like:

Exception in thread "RpcServer.handler=96,port=60020"
java.lang.StackOverflowError
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.CellUtil$1.advance(CellUtil.java:160)

Is this a known issue? The RegionServer went into a hung state and all gets to that RS began to hang indefinitely. This is on HBase 0.96.

Re: Stack overflow errors

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Do you have more of the stack trace ?
If so, please pastebin it.