Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2003/02/28 09:34:01 UTC

[OT]; SAX parsing speed

Does anyone have an indication of the total SAX parsing time, i.e. how much
time is spent parsing the XML and the XSL relatively to all other operations
for a complete transform.

Would there be any "point" to bring this to "I/O speed", meaning as fast as
the characters can be read from the disk/net??

I'm playing with the idea of making an attempt at a SAX hardware accelerator,
just for the heck of it, but won't bother if it is already in the "ignorable"
magnitude.

Niclas

Re: [OT]; SAX parsing speed

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> I'm playing with the idea of making an attempt at a SAX hardware accelerator,
> just for the heck of it, but won't bother if it is already in the "ignorable"
> magnitude.

I'm pretty sure you are aware of
http://www.datapower.com/products/xa35.html in that area?

</Steven>