Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Tony Griffiths <to...@manchester.ac.uk> on 2005/05/26 18:29:19 UTC

Native XML databases paper

Hi,
I'm a database researcher from the UK, and as part of my current work
I'm writing a paper on using native XML databases for use with large
biological datasets. As part of the paper we compare features and
performance of three popular native XML DBs (eXist, Xindice and Tamino)
against a representative dataset over several different query types.

The paper is just about ready for submission to the journal
BioInformatics, but I was wondering if you or anyone else on the eXist
development team would like to take the opportunity to look at our
method/results to ensure that our experiments have been carried out in
the most appropriate manner for eXist.

If you have time to do this I can mail you either just the results of
our experiments or a copy of the draft paper.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Tony
--
Dr. Tony Griffiths
Research Fellow

Direct line +44 (0) 161 275 6239
Department Tel: +44(0)161 306 9280
Department Fax: +44 (0) 161 275 6236
email tony.griffiths@manchester.ac.uk

Re: Native XML databases paper

Posted by Tony Griffiths <to...@manchester.ac.uk>.
OOPS, spot the cut and paste...

For eXist, please read Xindice!

At least you can see that I'm interested in getting the most appropriate
results from all parties :-)

Tony

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Tony Griffiths wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm a database researcher from the UK, and as part of my current work
> I'm writing a paper on using native XML databases for use with large
> biological datasets. As part of the paper we compare features and
> performance of three popular native XML DBs (eXist, Xindice and Tamino)
> against a representative dataset over several different query types.
>
> The paper is just about ready for submission to the journal
> BioInformatics, but I was wondering if you or anyone else on the eXist
> development team

Then you probably should contact them, not Xindice dev list.

Vadim