Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jason Rosenberg <jb...@squareup.com> on 2013/05/09 07:27:47 UTC

can the replication factor for a topic be changed after it's created?

It looks like by default, the first time a new message arrives for a given
topic, it will receive the default replication factor in place on the
broker at the time it is first received.

Is it possible to change this later (e.g. say if we add more hardware to
the cluster at a later date, etc.)?

Thanks,

Jason

Re: can the replication factor for a topic be changed after it's created?

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Yes, your are right.

Thanks,

Jun