Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2009/02/26 20:11:32 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0 (GA) Released

The Apache HttpComponents project is pleased to announce the release of
HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0. This the first stable (GA) release in the
4.x code line. This release delivers complete API documentation and
fixes a few minor bugs reported since the previous release.

Download -
<http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi>
Release notes -
<http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt>
HttpComponents site -
<http://hc.apache.org/>
Tutorial -
<http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core/tutorial/html/index.html>
Examples -
<http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core/examples.html>

About HttpComponents Core -
HttpCore is a set of low level HTTP transport components that can be
used to build custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal
footprint. HttpCore supports two I/O models: blocking I/O model based on
the classic Java I/O and non-blocking, event driven I/O model based on
Java NIO. The blocking I/O model may be more appropriate for data
intensive, low latency scenarios, whereas the non-blocking model may be
more appropriate for high latency scenarios where raw data throughput is
less important than the ability to handle thousands of simultaneous HTTP
connections in a resource efficient manner.

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0 (GA) Released

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
> Congratulations, everyone.  And especially congratulations to Oleg.
> You really deserve something special for all your extraordinary work
> on HttpComponents.

Yes, Congratulations and thanks to everyone, and very specially to Oleg
for improving the documentation and tutorials etc, in addition to his
code contributions

asankha

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0 (GA) Released

Posted by Sam Berlin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations, everyone.  And especially congratulations to Oleg.
You really deserve something special for all your extraordinary work
on HttpComponents.

Sam