Posted to modproxy-dev@apache.org by Ian Holsman <Ia...@cnet.com> on 2001/05/10 07:20:47 UTC

Reverse Proxy's

Hi.
I'm stepping through my code,
and just want to confirm it is my stupidity.
but do reverse proxies currently work ???

I have a line
ProxyPass /foo http://pma.cnet.com:80/

which used to work, but now it seems to die with a 403 after the scheme
handler. It looks like to me that the code is going through the 'proxy'
logic, but ignoring the r-proxy case.

but it is past my bedtime, so I probably have missed something stupid.

Cheers
Ian

Re: Reverse Proxy's

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Ian Holsman wrote:

> I'm stepping through my code,
> and just want to confirm it is my stupidity.
> but do reverse proxies currently work ???
>
> I have a line
> ProxyPass /foo http://pma.cnet.com:80/
>
> which used to work, but now it seems to die with a 403 after the scheme
> handler. It looks like to me that the code is going through the 'proxy'
> logic, but ignoring the r-proxy case.

I just rebuilt everything as of the latest CVS, and it still works for
me here.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."

Re: Reverse Proxy's

Posted by Nathan Lutchansky <lu...@litech.org>.
On Wed, 9 May 2001, Ian Holsman wrote:

> I'm stepping through my code,
> and just want to confirm it is my stupidity.
> but do reverse proxies currently work ???
>

> I have a line
> ProxyPass /foo http://pma.cnet.com:80/
>
> which used to work, but now it seems to die with a 403 after the scheme
> handler. It looks like to me that the code is going through the 'proxy'
> logic, but ignoring the r-proxy case.

If you've built mod_proxy as a loadable module, you need to LoadModule the
proxy_(http|ftp|connect)_modules as well, otherwise you get a 403 error.

If you've built it statically into the apache binary, I dunno...  -Nathan

--
| Nathan Lutchansky | lutchann@litech.org |  Lithium Technologies  |