Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Jason Yang <pe...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/04 15:59:08 UTC

How to config the raw disk?

Hi
I am trying to setup ATS 8.0.2 on AWS EC2 using m5d instance (with local disk)

I am running traffic server using user ubuntu and the instance has disk like following
nvme0n1 259:0 0 279.4G 0 disk
nvme1n1 259:1 0 279.4G 0 disk
nvme2n1 259:2 0 8G 0 disk
└─nvme2n1p1 259:3 0 8G 0 part /

I added the following lines to /etc/udev/rules.d/51-cache-disk.rules
 SUBSYSTEM==block, KERNEL==nvme[0123456789], GROUP:=ubuntu
 SUBSYSTEM==block, KERNEL==nvme[0123456789]n1, GROUP:=ubuntu

and my storage.config
 /dev/nvme0n1 label=cache.disk.0
 /dev/nvme1n1 label=cache.disk.1

But it seems it is not working and I am getting "WARNING: unable to open '/dev/nvme0n1': Permission denied”.

Am I doing something wrong? Thank you!

Jason

Re: How to config the raw disk?

Posted by Alan Carroll <so...@verizonmedia.com>.
Unfortunately that's not possible at this time. What has been done is to
have two layers of ATS with the ones in front having a smaller cache and
the backing layer caching on the second request for the object Or it could
be by time

Re: How to config the raw disk?

Posted by Jason Yang <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alan,