Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jan Schultze <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/22 10:35:51 UTC

URL validation in maven-reporting-impl

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a reason for validating URLs in
org.apache.maven.reporting.AbstractMavenReportRenderer#linkPatternedText(String)
from org.apache.maven.shared::maven-reporting-impl.
If the validation fails URLs are rendered as plain text. The class
validation uses a deprecated UrlValidator from commons-lang which considers
unqualified (i.e. local) host names and fully qualified domain names with a
top level domain longer than 4 characters as invalid (such as the special
use domain .local or more recent TLDs as .academy and .paris). This makes
using maven sites in a private network with a .local top level domain
cumbersome as browsing (proprietary) dependencies site(s) requires users to
manually copy and paste the URL.

Thanks in advance,
Jan

Re: URL validation in maven-reporting-impl

Posted by Jan Schultze <ja...@gmail.com>.
Done. See

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MSHARED-429

If there is anything wrong with it, please let me know.

Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> schrieb am Di., 23. Juni 2015 um
08:19 Uhr:

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.