Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by ghielard <gh...@deliasystems.com> on 2003/12/04 14:26:48 UTC

WHY OJB SPEND MORE AND MORE TIME TO STORE OBJECTS ?

Hi everybody,

i have an important problem of performance.
I'd tried every type of object cache (default,empty,perBroker),
i instanciated a new PersistenceBroker instance each time i had a storing
sequence in my java Code, or I kept the same for all storing sequence.
I did it the same thing with MetadataManager.
But it isn't better. OJB is slower every time is storing an object, about
few seconds more longer.
As i store thousand objects, at the end OJB is very slow.
I think there is also a problem of memory. So i run the garabage collector
after each storing sequence, and the clearCache() of the instance of
PersistenceBroker.
I use a transaction for each storing sequence.

is there somebody who can help me?