Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Tushar Jain <tu...@hitachi.mgrmnet.com> on 2019/11/27 14:41:10 UTC

CAPS Lock Key!!!

Hi,

There are a few posts in the forum related to non-functioning of CAPS Lock
key. Have tried a majority of options, but am still stuck. Below is the
summary of what i have tried and the observations:

1. By default, when we connect to Windows 2016/10/7 machine from guacamole
over rdp, CAPS Lock does not work. What ever is the state before opening
the connection gets carried forward to the Windows machine and then it
stops working.

2. We changed the keyboard layout to "Unicode" for the connections
as recommended in previous posts. Post update, CAPS lock key starts
working, but Ctrl key stops working

3. Though the CAPS lock does not work after opening the connection, but if
we click on local machine outside guacamole browser instance and change the
CAPS lock and then go back to guacamole rdp connection, the change gets
reflected. But whenever CAPS lock key is on, Ctrl Key stops working within
rdp connection. Whenever CAPS lock key is off Ctrl key works.
,
4. Have downloaded the latest source of guacamole client 1.0.0, build and
redeployed, but the problem persists.

Environment
1. Local Machine: Windows 10 laptop
2. Guacamole server: Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS (Xenial), libfreerdp-1.1.0; xrdp:
0.6
3. Remote Desktop Machine: Windows 2016/2012 server / Windows 10/7

Any help to resolve this is appreciated. May be i have missed out some
options. It is such a big bummer in otherwise fantastic product!

Thanks,
Tushar Jain

--
**Disclaimer:* This message and any attachment may contain confidential,
proprietary information and is intended only for the individual named. If
you are not the original intended recipient and have erroneously received
this message, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Hitachi MGRM Net
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or incomplete, or contain viruses. Hitachi MGRM Net therefore does not
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is
required, please request a hard-copy version. Hitachi MGRM Net Ltd, C -
6/5, Safdarjung Development Area, New Delhi - 110016, India*
*
*
*'Please
consider the environment before printing this e-mail'.*

Re: CAPS Lock Key!!!

Posted by Tushar Jain <tu...@hitachi.mgrmnet.com>.
Hi Nick,

Thanks for these inputs. I took the client code from current git master,
compiled and deployed it this time on a Ubuntu 18.04 server (instead of
Ubuntu 16.04). Both CAPS Lock key and Ctrl Key are working like a charm!!
You rock!!

Thanks again,
Tushar

Re: CAPS Lock Key!!!