Posted to user@flink.apache.org by srikanth flink <fl...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/06 13:45:30 UTC

What is the slot vs cpu ratio?

Hi there,

I've 3 node cluster with 16cores each. How many slots could I utilize at
max and how to I do the calculation?

Thanks
Srikanth

Re: What is the slot vs cpu ratio?

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi srikanth,

Referred from the official document:

"Each Flink TaskManager provides processing slots in the cluster. The
number of slots is typically proportional to the number of available CPU
cores of each TaskManager. As a general recommendation, the number of
available CPU cores is a good default for taskmanager.numberOfTaskSlots."

So based on the recommendation, you can have a 3 * 16 = 48(max) slots.  And
the calculation information is here[1].

Additionally, here is some resource about the task slot[2].

[1]:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/ops/config.html#configuring-taskmanager-processing-slots
[2]:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/concepts/runtime.html#task-slots-and-resources