Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/09 14:13:36 UTC

Apache Isis get-together in Brussels, Belgium

Hi all...

   Dan and I made a small Apache Isis get-together yesterday January 8
2011 in Brussels, Belgium. It was really fantastic to see Dan in
person and discuss Apache Isis and exchange ideas both technical and
personal. WE have seen the place there which is really really
fantastic and the architecture there is mind taking. We went to bar
and drank some beer, I got alcohol free one :D, and then we had lunch
and tried the delicious Brussels waffle :D. I wish more people from
Apache Isis could be there, maybe next time ;).

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

than your best."

"Stay hungry, stay foolish."
- Steve Jobs

Re: Apache Isis get-together in Brussels, Belgium

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.
Belated, but just to say it was great for me too to meet up with Nour (a
rainy Brussels is probably not the most conducive place for a meet-up,
but I must admit being wowwed again by the town halls at the midi).

The main library was nearby and we managed to find a spot to sit and
talk with coffee (I think we were meant to pay to get in for the
privilege, but no-one asked us so we didn't volunteer).  I think that I
found it a better place to hang-out than Nour did, though... being a
Brit I probably spoke a little too quietly and so he said he found it
hard to hear me sometimes.  Ah, the joys of working in an international
context!  Whatever, it was great to explain some of the intracacies of
the Isis metamodel, and Nour picked it up very quickly, I must say.
Now, Nour... as we discussed, are you going to upload our site for us?!?

Related... before xmas I posted a tentative idea of a meetup in the UK
in April say... I'll resurrect that thread and try to get that organized.

Also, Nour tells me that the ApacheCon is in Canada in Vancouver.  As it
happens, we have friends in Vancouver, so when I mentioned about
possibly going to my wife, it was an enthusiastic "yes".  So that's
another date in the diary too.

Cheers
Dan

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <sg...@gmx.at>.
Hi Mohammad,

what about the Apache Isis Get Together in Vienna, Austria .... ;-)

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi!