Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by jason Lane <ja...@googlemail.com> on 2009/01/13 22:54:31 UTC

Hi all,

I'm new to couchDB, so please bear with me.

OK, I have a dataset, SOC2000 (Standard Occupational Classification)
which I have converted into json and would like to load this into a
given database. However at present this stands at around 3.3Mb, 26,000
records. So it's rather large.

What is the best way to load this into couchDB?

Many thanks all
--
jason Lane <ja...@googlemail.com>

RE: Loading large docs

Posted by ja...@thomsonreuters.com.
LOL, OK cheers

Use _bulk_docs described at [1] under the Modifying multiple docs
section.

Also, 3.3 MiB in 26K records isn't at all large :D

HTH,
Paul Davis

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_Document_API

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 4:54 PM, jason Lane
<ja...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to couchDB, so please bear with me.
>
> OK, I have a dataset, SOC2000 (Standard Occupational Classification)
> which I have converted into json and would like to load this into a
> given database. However at present this stands at around 3.3Mb, 26,000
> records. So it's rather large.
>
> What is the best way to load this into couchDB?
>
> Many thanks all
> --
> jason Lane <ja...@googlemail.com>

This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient and contains information that may be privileged, confidential or copyrighted under applicable law. Any distribution, use or printing by anyone else is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and any attachments from your system.
Thomson Reuters (Legal) Limited
Registered Office 100 Avenue Road, London NW3 3PF
Registered in England & Wales: Company No. 1679046

Re: Loading large docs

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
Jason,