Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Piyush Asthana <pi...@patni.com> on 2001/12/10 14:35:36 UTC

Cactus Integration with Websphere Studio Application Developer

Hi All

I want to know if anybody has experimented on trying to integrate Cactus
into Websphere Studio Application Developer.
I have got the classpaths and servlet engine configured, but i am not able
to set the Servlet Redirector and also where to set the properties for the
default servlet engine.

Also if some one can tell me how to run the sample tests and under what
place should i create the sample directories like
host/default_app/test/web and host/default_app/test/servlet. It would be a
great help.

Webpshere says that the Websphere Studio Application Developer has VAJ in
it, but the directory structure has completely changed.

Could anybody please give any advice on this.

Also if someone can direct or has any example code of Cactus to test JSP and
servlets, it would be obliging.

Thanks
Piyush

Re: Cactus Integration with Websphere Studio Application Developer

Posted by Thomas Kettenbach <ke...@prostep.de>.
Piyush,

in a project i am working at, we try to do some tests with cactus.
To get a cactus test running for WSAD 4.0 you need to set the
correct URL for the servlet-redirector.
1.) in your webApplications/WEB-INF: web.xml - file:
   <servlet>
       <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
       <display-name>ServletTestRedirector</display-name>
       <servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector</servlet-
class>
    </servlet>

   in the mappings-section:
    <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/ServletRedirector</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

2.) in the cacuts.properties file, ie:
   cactus.servletRedirectorURL = http://localhost:8080/myapp/ServletRedirector

> I want to know if anybody has experimented on trying to integrate Cactus
> into Websphere Studio Application Developer.
> I have got the classpaths and servlet engine configured, but i am not able
> to set the Servlet Redirector and also where to set the properties for the
> default servlet engine.

What i don't quite understand is how the initialization of my servlets
is done. When i created a servlet in a test routine, it doesn't seemed to
be automatically initialized, as it is done, when instanciated by the
AS.

Greetings,
Thomas