Posted to jcp-open@apache.org by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com> on 2006/03/06 15:52:18 UTC

Voting issues for this week

There are three issues for voting this week :

1) JSR-243: JDO 2 - final review.  I already voted yes with the
following statement :

   Apache is proud to be a supporter of what might actually be the first
   JSR implemented with full community transparency and a permissive
   open-source license for the RI and the TCK.  We respectfully note that
   the sky hasn't fallen.

This was our own JDO podling (now in DB) and the RI is jpox and the TCK
is from here under AL 2.0.

2) JSR-291 : Dynamic Component Support aka OSGi : we have interest from
Felix and Directory to participate.  We need to bring this to closure.

3) JSR-292 : Supporting Dynamically Typed Languages : I'll note that Sun
has this wrong in the title - it's about dynamic languages, not just
dynamically typed.  I have no problem supporting this, and hope we can
find someone w/ a clue to participate on our behalf.

geir

Re: Voting issues for this week

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Heh, Torsten was the person I was thinking of when you asked, and then
his mail popped up.

+1

On a side note, the JCP page says James represents the ASF on JSR 241
(Groovy) as well as representing himself. That seems a bit unusual? I'm
not sure if that will overlap at all with this one, since they specify
the language, not how it is implemented, but they are still going to be
closely related.

- Brett

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
> we have a victim^H^H^H^H^Holunteer!

> Heh, Torsten was the person I was thinking of when you asked, and then
> his mail popped up.

Hehe ...well, alright :)

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: Voting issues for this week

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
Brett Porter wrote:
> They all sound good. I'm be interested in joining a -discuss list for
> the second two once you find someone to rep.

Of course.  Any thoughts on someone we can draft for 292?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.