Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Swaroop Belur <sw...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/22 07:34:19 UTC

Trident aggregation - need help

Hi all

I have prototypes using bolts and spout for an aggregation on multiple
fields.
Works fine. when i try to do using trident, i seem to be stuck.

a. Looks like i would like to use Aggregator interface but this is not
supported in persistentAggregate methods.
b. Can one use a combination of Aggregator and persistentAggregate on
stream to do aggregation on multiple fields in  set of tuples
c. Also i see number of examples using DRPC immediately after building
persistentAggregate code. But what i also read is that DRPC is deprecated.
This is confusing at the least.

Basically i am looking for a way to do agg on set of tuples grouped by
multi fields
in such a way that i can buffer for the current minute and flush for
previous minute
- like tick  tuples in bolts.

Just that trident documentation seems to be confusing as of now. Any help
is appreciated.

--
Regards
Swaroop Belur

RE: Stable Apache Storm Version

Posted by Sridhar G <Sr...@microland.com>.
Hi Andrew ,

We tried our luck with Apache Storm 0.8.1 , 0.9.1, 0.9.2 .We are seeing issue with serialization where mismatch of serialvalueid is creating or acting as road block . STORM-448 is the issue raised in jira . thanks.

Posted by Andrew Xor <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.
Sridhar,

         If possible can you share your config(storm.yaml) and
does it happen when you deploy a topology or when you start a
supervisor.

-Harsha

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014, at 11:02 PM, Sridhar G wrote:

Hi Anand,

We have single node running in local mode cluster and is of
same version.

Regards,

Sridhar

Believe in the impossible and remove the improbable

Posted by Kishorkumar Patil <kp...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Sridhar,

Since any stale serialized heartbeats could cause the InvalidClassException, I would shutdown all processes/topologies and clean-up all storm-local directory and zk states.

Regards,
Kishor

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
Check whether your deployed jar has any storm classes. And also make sure
you clean all temp folders of
supervisors.

thanks,
Amila.