Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Jonathan Natkins <na...@streamsets.com> on 2014/12/17 01:16:03 UTC

NiFi architecture

Hi there,

I was curious if there exist any resources that would be helpful in
understanding the NiFi architecture. I'm trying to understand how dataflows
are executed, or how I would scale the system. Are there any architectural
docs, or blog posts, or academic papers out there that would be helpful?

Alternatively, some pointers into the code base as to where the execution
layer code lives could be helpful.

Thanks!
Natty

Jonathan "Natty" Natkins
StreamSets | Customer Engagement Engineer
mobile: 609.577.1600 | linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/in/nattyice>

Re: NiFi architecture

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 10:04 PM, Jonathan Natkins <na...@streamsets.com>
wrote:

> Also: what does NAR stand for?

Nifi ARchive.

short version: dependency classloader isolation for processor (or processor
groups)

long version: this thread, Mark has a good start *http://s.apache.org/Ur9
<http://s.apache.org/Ur9>*

--
Sean

Re: NiFi architecture

Posted by Jonathan Natkins <na...@streamsets.com>.
Awesome, all makes sense, and I think that answers my immediate questions.
Thanks guys!

Re: NiFi architecture

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Jonathan