Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Michael Timpe <MT...@t-online.de> on 2002/01/20 13:33:01 UTC

Applet accessing Apache SOAP Service

Hi,

I'm not very familiar with writing applets. So I have the following question:

Basics Server: Win XP, JDK 1.3.1, Apache 1.3.22, Tomcat 4.01

Client Basics: Win 2000, JRE1.3, IE5.5

I would like to implement a simple html-page that accesses a SOAP-Service on the server.

I wrote a little applet, that works as a Proxy, that calls the server-side services. I included the applet into the HTML-page using the following tag:

    <object name="oot" classid="java:OOTSOAPApplet.class" archive="mail.jar,activation.jar,soap.jar,xerces.jar" codetype="application/java" height="0" width="0">
        Ihr Browser unterstützt das Tag nicht!
    </object>

The OOTSOAPApplet.class is the applet that calls Server-side services using SOAP. In order to do that, it needs the following JAR: mail.jar, activation.jar, ...

The problem is: If the jars are not already on the client in the clients classpath. It does not work. I think this is a simple problem of writing applets that depend on other jars that must be downloaded before running the applet.

What have I to do?

Greetings

Michael Timpe
Melchiorstr. 24