Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by Jeff Steinmetz <je...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/23 19:13:31 UTC

zeppelin build - downloading spark distribution

I was curious if this build step has been part of the Zeppelin build thus far, is it required, and curious if this step is new?

  Downloading: http://archive.apache.org/dist/spark/spark-1.5.2/spark-1.5.2.tgz

  Expanding: /spark-dependencies/target/spark-dist/spark-1.5.2.tgz into /incubator-zeppelin/spark-dependencies/target/spark-dist

I ask because it slows down the initial build a bit.  I recall in the past Zeppelin pulled in spark as a dependency vs the entire distribution?  ( I may be wrong)
Mainly curious at this point.

Best
Jeff Steinmetz

Re: zeppelin build - downloading spark distribution

Posted by Jeff Steinmetz <je...@gmail.com>.
Ah yes - Now I recall the discussion related to ensuring -Ppyspark will work.
Thank you for the reminder.

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi Jeff Steinmetz,