Posted to user@wink.apache.org by Michael Zehrer <ze...@zepan.org> on 2010/04/29 13:53:01 UTC

Authentication

Hi Winkers,

what is the wink way for authentication on the server site. How can I
implement basic authentication or even OAuth?

Is this done via handlers? Are there any examples?

Best regards,

Michael

Re: Authentication

Posted by Michael Zehrer <mi...@zepan.net>.
Thanks Michael. You are right, I tried Spring Security with basic
authentication, that gives me added access
to javax.ws.rs.core.SecurityContext via @Context injection. I think this is
the best solution.

Re: Authentication

Posted by Michael Elman <el...@apache.org>.
Personally I think that the is no wink way for authentication.
Moreover, the authentication should occur outside, before the request
reaches the Wink servlet.
One way to do it, is to use filters (javax.servlet.Filter).
Spring Security provides a neat support for different authentication
schemas, which is implemented via filters.

Regards,
Michael.