Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by br...@paraware.com on 2001/12/05 19:10:15 UTC

Generic SOAP client to webservices (Newbie follow-up)

On a similar note,  If I've created an Interface that a bunch of classes
implement,  Can I have it deserialize using the Interface and using the
getClass() method for the parameter?

I'd like to be able to send a variety of commands via SOAP w/o having to
have special "clients" for each service.  I want my service to demux the
commands and NOT the SOAP RPC Router.

I'm hoping that XMI encoding will let this happen.  right now with Bean
encoding, my parameter is being passed as NONE and I'm getting an
exception on the server.

What encoding style do I use for XMI?
Also, what should the namespace be.  what are the guidelinse to naming the
namespace.  I'm using package name w/ hyphens.

  <isd:mappings>
    <isd:map encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
             xmlns:x="urn:com-paraware-xyz" qname="x:command"
             javaType="com.paraware.xyz.Command"
 java2XMLClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.xmi.XMIParameterSerializer"
 xml2JavaClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.xmi.XMIParameterSerializer"/>
  </isd:mappings>

Maneesha w/ regard to your second question, I think the answer is yes, but
I'm curious what the experts say.

Brian Bonner
----- Forwarded by Brian K Bonner/Paraware on 12/05/2001 01:11 PM -----

Maneesha Jain <ma...@sun.com>
12/05/2001 12:40 PM
Please respond to soap-user

        To:     soap-user@xml.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Generic SOAP client to webservices

Hi,

Question 1:
-----------
I'm trying to write a dynamic Apache SOAP Client that can
call any relatively simple
web service, say on www.xmethods.com. Some of these services
use complex types or nested
beans as input/output parameters.

On the client side, it seems, I would need to create a Java
Bean class for each of
these complex types and register it with
SOAPMappingRegistry. Since my SOAP client is intended to be
a generic client to any web service, is there a way that I
can call these services without creating Java Bean classes
needed for Input or Output parameters.

Question 2:

If the server side uses SOAP Encoding for Input/Output
parameters, do I need to use
the same encoding on the client side ?

Regards
Maneesha