Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com> on 2006/11/03 07:34:54 UTC

Re: [Axis2][VOTE]Axis2/C 0.95 Release Plan

Dinesh Premalal wrote:
>    We have numerous bug fixes since last release.
>    This is proper time to go for new release 0.95.
>
>    Please have a look at wiki
>    http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2C/releases/0.95
>
>    Please review the feature list and changes and add your comments.
>    We would be able to do 0.95 release by end of this week.
>
>    Your comments are welcome ...

I'm sorry I totally missed this email, until the release was already
out, but I would of put out a -1.

You can't vote on a 'release plan' as the only part of a release.

You are welcome to have a 'release plan' vote, but you CANNOT release
artifacts without actually voting on THE FILES, not just a plan.

The 0.95 release had NO oversight over the actual tar balls, or the
exact version that was released.

-Paul

Re: [Axis2][VOTE]Axis2/C 0.95 Release Plan

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com> writes:
> We have been always releasing voting on the plan. Can you lead to any
> pointers that suggest otherwise in apache please?

Describe a point about release voting.

<quote>
Votes on whether a package is ready to be released follow a format
similar to majority approval  -- except that the decision is
officially determined solely by whether at least three +1 votes were
registered. Releases may not be vetoed. Generally the community will
table the vote to release if anyone identifies serious problems, but
in most cases the ultimate decision, once three or more positive votes
have been garnered, lies with the individual serving as release
manager. The specifics of the process may vary from project to
project, but the 'minimum of three +1 votes' rule is universal.
</quote>

thanks,
Dinesh

Re: [Axis2][VOTE]Axis2/C 0.95 Release Plan

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Paul Querna wrote:
> Dinesh Premalal wrote:
>>    We have numerous bug fixes since last release.
>>    This is proper time to go for new release 0.95.
>>
>>    Please have a look at wiki
>>    http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2C/releases/0.95
>>
>>    Please review the feature list and changes and add your comments.
>>    We would be able to do 0.95 release by end of this week.
>>
>>    Your comments are welcome ...
>>

> I'm sorry I totally missed this email, until the release was already
> out, but I would of put out a -1.
>
> You can't vote on a 'release plan' as the only part of a release.
>
> You are welcome to have a 'release plan' vote, but you CANNOT release
> artifacts without actually voting on THE FILES, not just a plan.
>
> The 0.95 release had NO oversight over the actual tar balls, or the
> exact version that was released.
We have been always releasing voting on the plan. Can you lead to any
pointers that suggest otherwise in apache please?

Samisa...