Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Arik Raffael Funke <ar...@gmx.de> on 2006/08/29 23:40:41 UTC

Hashcash

Hello,

how does spamassassin handle hashcash? It is turned on by default, right?

I am using v3.1.2 and have in init.pre "loadplugin
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Hashcash". However, the hashcash contained
in incoming mails seems to have been ignored. I added following to
local.cf, but I am still out of luck:

use_hashcash 1
hashcash_accept %u@domain.com

How do I get this to work? (Can it be a problem that I installed
hashcash after spamassassin?)

Cheers,
Arik

Re: Hashcash

Posted by Arik Raffael Funke <ar...@gmx.de>.
decoder wrote:
> Arik Raffael Funke wrote:
>> decoder wrote:

>>> Yes but you still need to define your accept range as you tried
>>> to do above:)

>>> try *@domain.com
>> That doesn't seem to help either. Any other ideas?
>>
> Run with -D on a hashcash stamped message and check the output for
> relevant data..

I realised, that with spamassassin hashcash was honored but with spamc
not... I had forgotten to restart the daemon!

Thanks Chris!

Re: Hashcash

Posted by decoder <de...@own-hero.net>.

Re: Hashcash

Posted by Arik Raffael Funke <ar...@gmx.de>.
decoder wrote:
> Arik Raffael Funke wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> how does spamassassin handle hashcash? It is turned on by default,
>> right?
> Yes but you still need to define your accept range as you tried to do
> above:)
>> I am using v3.1.2 and have in init.pre "loadplugin
>> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Hashcash". However, the hashcash
>> contained in incoming mails seems to have been ignored. I added
>> following to local.cf, but I am still out of luck:
>>
>> use_hashcash 1 hashcash_accept %u@domain.com
> try *@domain.com

That doesn't seem to help either. Any other ideas?

Regards,
Arik

BTW: I am not using v.3.1.2 as said above but v.3.1.4...

Re: Hashcash

Posted by decoder <de...@own-hero.net>.