Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Bing Li <lb...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/05 13:20:54 UTC

Methods Missing in HTableInterface

Dear all,

I found some methods existed in HTable were not in HTableInterface.

   setAutoFlush
   setWriteBufferSize

In most cases, I manipulate HBase through HTableInterface from HTablePool.
If I need to use the above methods, how to do that?

I am considering writing my own table pool if no proper ways. Is it fine?

Thanks so much!

Best regards,
Bing

Re: Methods Missing in HTableInterface

Posted by shixing <pa...@gmail.com>.
I think you can use cast the interface to HTable, like this:

    HTablePool pool = new HTablePool();
    HTable table = (HTable)pool.getTable("test");
    table.setAutoFlush(true, true);
    System.out.println(table.isAutoFlush());

--
Best wishes!
My Friend~

Re: Methods Missing in HTableInterface

Posted by Bing Li <lb...@gmail.com>.
I just did that.

Thanks so much for your help!

Best,
Bing

Methods Missing in HTableInterface
----------------------------------

                Key: HBASE-5728
            Project: HBase
         Issue Type: Improvement
         Components: client
           Reporter: Bing Li

Posted by Lars George <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 4:20 AM, Bing Li <lb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I found some methods existed in HTable were not in HTableInterface.
>
>   setAutoFlush
>   setWriteBufferSize

Make a patch to add them?
Thanks,