Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Harakiri <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/03 23:36:45 UTC

Re: Q about removing default partition/ in-memory partitions etc

So i guess after a few days without any answer i
figured out that people put enough work into working
out an april 1 fool joke but hesitate to answer any
real questions concerning apacheds.

Well, nice community

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
<chair hat on>
Ok, apologizes if you get some bad answer to your pretty aggressive
mail. We are human beings, and we react easily,  especially when under
heavy pressure (Apache conference preparation, 2 releases going on
this week, plus personnal issues).

That being said, posting a question does not mean you will get an
answer. Remember this is a volunteer effort, and people do have a day
job too. If your fist mail is not answered, post it again. If it's not
answered again, then ask yourself : "was my question precise enough?
Was it too wide to be answered in a few lines ? Was it a silly
question?" . Then post it a third time, mentionning that the first two
times, it was not answered. Sometime, it may take a week to get
someone available.

This is the way it works, take it or leave it ...

Any kind of acid remark about the fact people take some time to do
something different than what you are focusing on will just be seen as
rude.

Now you can think whatever you want about this community, it may be
not the best ever, but at least, it was able to deliver a server and
some GUI for years before you posted your first mail. This is all what
we try to do : deliver the best possible LDAP server.
</chair hat on>

PS : May I suggest you to change your mail and pseudo, because I'm
afraid that your future mails - if any - will simply be ignored. We
don't know you, you are using a pseudo, so it's all good : fake you
are someone else, and may be your questions may be answered (just wait
a little while and change the content, that's it :)

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 8:41 PM, Harakiri <ha...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I dont have a bad day, but seriously - this isnt the
>  first time, on the dev list i never received a reply
>  either on a similar question.
>
>  I dont expect anyone to answer but my questions were
>  pretty simple and seeing that the devs have time
>  enough to fool around makes you thinking what kind of
>  community you would expect here - None - only the devs
>  by themselfs enjoying each other.
>
>  If you think thats the right direction, more power to
>  you.
>

>  --- Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > Harakiri wrote:
>  > > So i guess after a few days without any answer i
>  > > figured out that people put enough work into
>  > working
>  > > out an april 1 fool joke but hesitate to answer
>  > any
>  > > real questions concerning apacheds.
>  > >
>  > You guessed well !
>  > > Well, nice community
>  > >
>  > We have humor. Others don't.
>  >
>  > That's sweet, you almost made my day playing the
>  > Villain :) Have fun
>  > with OpenDS, buddy !
>  >
>  >
>  > --
>  > --
>  > cordialement, regards,
>  > Emmanuel Lécharny
>  > www.iktek.com
>  > directory.apache.org
>  >
>  >
>  >

>  You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.
>  http://tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockbuster/text5.com

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Q about removing default partition/ in-memory partitions etc

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Check out my "Where do babies come from thread?", you'll really like that
one.

Alex

Posted by Harakiri <ha...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
"Aaawwwe someone's having a bad day.  Quick!  Give him a puppy."