Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Kang Minwoo <mi...@outlook.com> on 2020/02/04 02:32:20 UTC

What is the recommended HBase version?

Hello, Users.

I use HBase Version 1.2.9.
However, Version 1.2.9 reached EOL. I prepare the HBase Major version upgrade.

In my case, Every clients' version is 1.2.9.
There are too many clients. I cannot upgrade the clients' major version.
Therefore old client that is using 1.2.9 connect new HBase Cluster that upgrades the major version for a long time.

The current Stable release is Version 2.2.3. Is it okay to use 2.2.3?
Can 1.2.9 client access 2.2.3 cluster?

I wonder what I consider during the HBase Major version upgrade.

Best regards,
Minwoo Kang

Re: What is the recommended HBase version?

Posted by Roshan <jl...@gmail.com>.
First, upgrade to 1.4.x stable version. Because from 1.4 to 2.x, we can
achieve upgrade without the downtime of the cluster. From 1.2 to 2.x, we
may have downtime while upgrading

Regards,
Roshan

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.