Posted to general@gump.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2010/06/09 07:51:32 UTC

Re: Self-Description of Gump

One concept that would be useful to work into that description ...

The Gump notifications say:

--------------
To whom it may engage...
Project #### has an issue affecting its community integration.
--------------

Gump tends to draw people across the project boundaries.
We are continually made aware of the effects of changes
as they happen, and can more easily report or help to fix
things in the other project.

I don't know how to add that to the description, without bloat.

-David

Re: Self-Description of Gump

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-06-09, David Crossley wrote:

> One concept that would be useful to work into that description ...

> The Gump notifications say:

> --------------
> To whom it may engage...
> Project #### has an issue affecting its community integration.

> Gump tends to draw people across the project boundaries.

This is true and it is an important part of Gump's mission.

> I don't know how to add that to the description, without bloat.

The description already is pretty long and seems to be sufficient to
differentiate Gump from the other options on ci.apache.org but I don't
see any harm with adding a paragraph for the board report.  We may be
able to shorten what is already there, don't know.

Stefan