Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ajay brar <aj...@hotmail.com> on 2003/12/19 07:55:02 UTC

RE: URGENT - Help defending Struts [slightly off-topic]

hi!

i was going to take this opportunity to point out how CIO's are generally
big duds, esp the CIO in Accenture, who is an even greater dud going by what
little contact i have had with Accenture staff.

why? well there was this project i did as part of uni which used Struts and
the accenture person chose another project that just mentioned the
likelihood of using MS Biztalk and that was enough for a 1st prize. Seems
Apache is not as well thought of as MS. Or so was my experience.

so i'm surprised to learn that Accenture uses Struts all the time.

but with CIO's from my experience, most of them belong to another era and
just have difficulty coming to terms with how stuff is done today, and
having no clue of that, they just content themselves with raising as many
hurdles as possible. Moreover they have deep reservations for any software
which is open source and/or free.

well thats my $0.02

Posted by Brice Ruth <br...@fiskars.com>.
This is entirely inappropriate for this list, please take comments such
as these off-line with interested parties. Please keep posts to this
list professional and above-board.

Brice D. Ruth
Sr. IT Analyst
Fiskars Brands, Inc.