Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by leo leonid <te...@leonid.de> on 2004/03/19 16:45:18 UTC

current CVS: XSP broken

Hi,
all my xsp stopped working after updating to the current CVS (today
16:30 GMT-1).
All xsp-samples shipped with cocoon don't work either. What happend?
/leo

Re: current CVS: XSP broken

Posted by leo leonid <te...@leonid.de>.
On Mar 24, 2004, at 3:54 AM, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 20.03.2004 21:42, leo leonid wrote:
>
>> Exactly, nobody, neither I did, that was not my concern.
>> Please take a moment and try to see it from my perspective.
>
> I did not expect that you or anybody specific answers on this
> temporary problem, but *that* anybody answers.
>
>> I use the CVS version for developing, and I'm aware of the
>> implications, that things can change or even break by the ongoing
>> development process. May be it is just a coincidence, or it may be
>> due to the fact that you are one of the most active committers -
>> anyhow -  your last commits put my projects in a fine mess.
>
> Sorry for that.

no need, I was *not* complaining, as you see...

Subject:    "AbstractXMLProducer patch consequences"

> I assume that people living from CVS also read the developers list.

I do. But IMO you can't assume your mail (with that subject) could get
the needed visibility.

> Therefore I would not update my Cocoon if I knew that something is
> broken. Of course we avoid non-working as far as possible, but there
> also must be some time to discuss about things. If something is broken
> this highers the need for discussion while maybe somebody would not
> answer if it's not broken (lazy ass syndrom, "let it as it is").

I think I see your point, but I ask you to keep proportions in mind.

/leo

(the following seems to be a misunderstanding, probably due to my bad
english skills, sorry!)

Re: current CVS: XSP broken

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 20.03.2004 21:42, leo leonid wrote:

> Exactly, nobody, neither I did, that was not my concern.
> Please take a moment and try to see it from my perspective.

I did not expect that you or anybody specific answers on this temporary
problem, but *that* anybody answers.

> I use the CVS version for developing, and I'm aware of the implications,
> that things can change or even break by the ongoing development process.
> May be it is just a coincidence, or it may be due to the fact that you
> are one of the most active committers - anyhow -  your last commits put
> my projects in a fine mess.

Sorry for that.

> Well, this happens, it's not the point,
> absolutely no problem, in general.
>
> Whereas I do have some objections, but these only concern the avoidable
> parts of the mess. That's when you _see_ your patch isn't mature at all
>  and it breaks core parts of cocoon,

This was the reason that I sent a mail to the list. I assume that people
living from CVS also read the developers list. Therefore I would not

Re: current CVS: XSP broken

Posted by leo leonid <te...@leonid.de>.
On Mar 20, 2004, at 4:14 PM, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=107964359715995&w=4
>>>
>>> Unfortunately there is no response until now.
>>>
>>> Joerg
>> hmmm, probably I'm the only one who still uses XSP, but I'd clearly
>> opt to revert that patch.
>
> Hey, nobody said that it won't be fixed! The question was only in
> which way. It's now working in CVS.
>
> Joerg

Exactly, nobody, neither I did, that was not my concern.
Please take a moment and try to see it from my perspective.

I use the CVS version for developing, and I'm aware of the
implications, that things can change or even break by the ongoing
development process. May be it is just a coincidence, or it may be due
to the fact that you are one of the most active committers - anyhow -
your last commits put my projects in a fine mess. Well, this happens,
it's not the point, absolutely no problem, in general.

Whereas I do have some objections, but these only concern the avoidable
parts of the mess. That's when you _see_ your patch isn't mature at all
  and it breaks core parts of cocoon, or spoils users project
directories (as with bug 27600) and you still don't consider to revert
it.

Re: current CVS: XSP broken

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Re: current CVS: XSP broken