Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shen Shengjun <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/06 02:43:58 UTC

Applets in Servlets

Hi, there,

I was trying to put some applets in a servlet page. The applet itself works
fine when resides in a html page. However, if I plug it into a servlet page,
the browser complains that the applet can't be loaded. I tried either the
class name itself or the class name with it's package qualifier.

Does anybody here have experience on this? Or is this not worthy of trying
(I mean we all work on servlets...)?

Thanks in advance for help me out.

shen

RE: Applets in Servlets

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ma...@isallineed.org>.
You have to treat applets as static content, so the same way you do with eg
images. Applets have in no way any relation with your current classes used
in the webapplication.
So the browser must be able to request the applet from your webserver and
looking at your message it cannot, so it is not in the correct place.

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: Applets in Servlets

Posted by longinus <lo...@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl>.

RE: Applets in Servlets

Posted by "Etienne Baert (SPSInfoquest nv)" <eb...@sps.be>.
Hi Shen,

I am successfully running an applet from a weg page generated
by a servlet. Do you have any additional information like log
messages ?

Etienne Baert