Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Nick Cotter <ni...@extropy.net> on 2009/05/03 14:06:43 UTC

JAXBException... doesnt contain ObjectFactory.class or jaxb.index

Hi,

I've come across a problem trying to use wsdl-cxf in mule (cxf 2.1.2) when
DynamicClientFactory tries to generate the client:

Root Exception stack trace:
javax.xml.bind.JAXBException: "some.package.service" doesnt contain
ObjectFactory.class or jaxb.index
	at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:183)
	at
	at
	at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.newInstance(ContextFinder.java:128)
	at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.find(ContextFinder.java:277)
	at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:372)
	at
org.apache.cxf.endpoint.dynamic.DynamicClientFactory.createClient(DynamicClientFactory.java:256)

Now I've hunted around this forum and others for clues as to what could be
causing this, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

I've made sure javac is on the PATH, but this seems to make no difference.

Can anyone help me with this please? I'm not sure where to start - can
anyone tell me what this is a symptom of? I realise that I'm using mule and
not cxf directly, so that could be a factor.

Kind regards

Nick Cotter

Re: JAXBException... doesnt contain ObjectFactory.class or jaxb.index

Posted by Nick Cotter <ni...@extropy.net>.
No worries I've sorted it out.

I thought I'd fixed the path to contain javac but in fact I hadn't. This is
all being run inside Eclipse via the Mule IDE. Specifically adding a path
element to the Environment for the Mule IDE runtime configuration fixed this
problem.