Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org> on 2003/09/10 16:26:14 UTC

[VOTE] Release Forrest 0.5

Hi,

Are we happy to release CVS as Forrest 0.5?

As a sanity check, I upgraded Forrestbot to 0.5, and rebuilt all the
sites (some by hand):

xml-forrest:            Builds cleanly
xml-forrest-krysalis:   Builds cleanly
xml-forrest-template:   Builds cleanly
xml-xindice:            Builds cleanly
incubator-site:         Builds cleanly
jakarta-poi:            Builds with some unexcluded URLs
xml-fop:                Builds cleanly with updated sitemap & DOCTYPEs removed
avalon-site:            Builds cleanly after sitemap upgrade
cocoon:                 Builds ('build docs') with a handful of errors
ws-site:                Builds with one invalid URL

So I'm pretty happy that 0.5 is minimally functional.

I have put a distribution online for people without CVS access to play
with:

http://www.apache.org/~jefft/forrest/releases/0.5/

Current CVS has been tagged as FORREST_05_RC ("release candidate").  If
there are any last-minute commits, please update that tag on the relevant
file.

--Jeff

Re: [VOTE] Release Forrest 0.5

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
FYI, if nothing else major comes up, I'll be tagging and uploading 0.5 in
12 hours (0400 GMT).

--Jeff

Re: [VOTE] Release Forrest 0.5

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.
David Crossley wrote:

> BTW, i have not yet tagged those last changes that i did to
> **/book2menu.xsl with Vadim's recent patch. Could someone do
> that as i need to go out now, cards and drink are calling.
>
> --David

Vadim's patch  was comited before it was tagged.
it is too early for me to drink (12:09 PM)

Cheers,
Cheche

Re: [VOTE] Release Forrest 0.5

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Are we happy to release CVS as Forrest 0.5?
>
> +1 ... work for me.

Hiccup .. it works for me.
                 ^

--David

Re: [VOTE] Release Forrest 0.5

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Jeff Turner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are we happy to release CVS as Forrest 0.5?

+1 ... work for me.

> As a sanity check, I upgraded Forrestbot to 0.5, and rebuilt all the
> sites (some by hand):
<snip/>

> So I'm pretty happy that 0.5 is minimally functional.
<snip/>

> Current CVS has been tagged as FORREST_05_RC ("release candidate").  If
> there are any last-minute commits, please update that tag on the relevant
> file.

Oh i see. Sorry about the last message Cheche.
... i must read all email.

Re: [VOTE] Release Forrest 0.5

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.
Jeff,

I downloaded the zip version and test it on a windows xp machine. I am
able to reproduce this error:

http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-31

can you review that patch and applied if need be?

Cheers,
Cheche

Jeff Turner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are we happy to release CVS as Forrest 0.5?

+1

> As a sanity check, I upgraded Forrestbot to 0.5, and rebuilt all the
> sites (some by hand):

The "token replacement problem" is something specific to forrest or to
the Apache infrastructure?

Cheers,
Cheche